Powered by

Powered by:
Timex Multisport team | Castelli cycling clothing | Trek bikes | Bolle sunglasses | Shimano bike components | Skratch Labs nutrition | Squirt Lube

Friday, May 27, 2016

OMG....tomorrow

Well, it is finally almost here. I am actually really looking forward to getting started, mostly so I can stop having the following narrative in my head:
"Yeah, this is going to be a great adventure!"
"What am I doing? This is crazy!"
"What else needs to get done before I leave?"
(repeat 1 million times)

I've done my last few rides with fully loaded bags and the bike handles wonderfully. I don't really notice the extra weight until I am going uphill more slowly or downhill much faster. I would estimate the weight of the bags and gear to be about 25-30lbs.

After five different tries, I finally found a route I am happy with for the first day. It has been very helpful to load up my bags and ride the route, so that tomorrow isn't a monumental occasion. I'm just going to keep going instead of turning home.

(This kind of reminds me of the running scene in Forrest Gump. "I just felt like running." Or in my case, riding.)

So in the words of the 2nd Cavalry Regiment -- it's time to hit the leather and ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment