Powered by

Powered by:
Timex Multisport team | Castelli cycling clothing | Trek bikes | Bolle sunglasses | Shimano bike components | Skratch Labs nutrition | Squirt Lube

Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 7: Time for a rest day!

My laptop is still acting up, so no pics for today...but I didn't really take any.
Why? Because I was making great time and did not want to stop!

Seriously, today was a great day on the bike. The weather was perfect, with sunny skies. Since I have some sunburn on my upper legs (despite applying sunscreen religiously) I decided to wear my Castelli leggings just to keep the sun off me. These are really meant for more inclement weather, so I was a bit worried I might overheat, but there was a slight headwind to keep me cool, but not overpower me like yesterday.

The landscape was either farmland or pine forest. I felt extra speedy when I passed a couple tractors.
I had noticed on previous days that whenever there was a recently paved road, there would be a big sign nearby that said something about the funding supporting the project. Today, I rolled past one that said the road started at my current location and went to the town where I had planned my lunchtime stop. This meant new road for a few hours!

There was a bit of a construction zone in the middle, but that was smoother than some of the non-construction areas elsewhere in the country. So no dirt roads today. And no getting lost.

What I did see on the road was cows. Some guy was moving about 10 cows in the right lane while he followed in a tractor on the left shoulder. I was slightly concerned they might move in front of me unexpectedly, but they stayed to the right while I passed.

I made it to my hotel by 2pm, so I started working on critical tasks, like doing my laundry and washing all the dirt off my bike. The lady at the front desk asked if I wanted suggestions for bike rides in the area. Uh, no.

So I am here until Sunday. The hotel is right on the lake, so it is very relaxing.

I also passed the 1000km mark today! I would say that it is all downhill from here, but I think it is all flat and into a headwind.

Current totals: 1009.5km/607.5mi and 47:45 riding time.
Hopefully, pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment