Powered by

Powered by:
Timex Multisport team | Castelli cycling clothing | Trek bikes | Bolle sunglasses | Shimano bike components | Skratch Labs nutrition | Squirt Lube

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Day 6, part 2: The castle

Now that I am not trying to post on my phone, here is the info about the castle I visited in Ciechanów. I didn't have much more to go after this, so I figured I could take an extended break. Plus, this was right after riding on the busier road and into a headwind - I wanted a break!

I had programmed my map to take me right there.


I thought that it was just something you walked around, but it turns out there is actually a museum in there and it is partially restored. I looked through the archeological exhibit and the multimedia room and thought that was it. But then a tour guide told me to follow her, because we were going into the towers. Cool!


Each story of the tower had a different section of the exhibit about the people who ruled and their empire. To get between each, there were a set of narrow, steep, and windy steps. 

The weapons room was pretty cool.

Once at the top, we went across the other tower.


To close out the tour, we went to the dungeon.

The whole visit took about 90 minutes and was really neat. They were setting up for some kind of event in the courtyard, but the tent/stage they were constructing kind of ruined the effect.

I also got some actual pictures of me! 

I would not want to ride a bike in his outfit. However, mine is not good for swordfights.


Another picture I took somewhere along the way is of the things you see in the middle of nowhere: shrines and bus stops.


They aren't always together like this. This bus stop is one of the more well constructed and less "decorated." Some of the shrines are more fancy and have flowers or statues. I have seen a lot of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment